How to get to Heidelberg?
... by car
- Coming from the A 5, change to A 656 to Heidelberg at motorway junction Heidelberg
- Coming from the A 6, change to A 656 to Heidelberg at motorway junction Mannheim
... by train to Heidelberg Main Station
- Heidelberg can be reached via the Deutsche Bahn intercity connection. For timetable inquiries see Deutsche Bahn.
... from Frankfurt Airport
- By German Railway to Heidelberg Main Station (Hauptbahnhof)
- Using the Airport Transfer and Limousine Service (TLS; Tel. 06221/770077).
Depending on your airline, you will be picked up at the Meeting Point at either Terminal 1 or 2. TLS will take you directly to the Institute. Advance reservation with information on the airline and flight number is required (fare EUR 35,00).
- By Lufthansa Airport Shuttle (ICS Logistik; Tel. 0621/651620)
The shuttle stops at the Meeting Point in Terminal 1, exit B 4/Arrivals level. It will take you to the Crowne Plaza Hotel (Kurfürstenanlage 1-3) in Heidelberg (fare EUR 23,00, reservation recommended). From there, you can take a taxi to the Institute.
How to get to the "Neuenheimer Feld"?
... by car
- Coming from the motorway:
Turn left to "Chirurgie" at the end of the motorway. Having crossed the Neckar on Ernst-Waltz-Brücke turn left at the second light (gas station). Turn right at the next light. There is a parking garage on your right.
- Coming from Neckargemünd:
Follow Uferstrasse, then turn into Posseltstraße; Turn right at the traffic light into Berliner Straße, finally turn left at the next light with the gas station. Turn right at the next light. There is a parking garage on your right.
- additional parking lots:
From Berliner Straße turn left into "Im Neuenheimer Feld". You will find a visitor parking lot 200 meters further to your right at the "Pädagogische Hochschule" or to your left at "Otto-Meyerhof-Zentrum".(Fee:1,40€/h)
Overview "Neuenheimer Feld"
.. by public transport from the main station to the Neuenheimer Feld
Take tram 21 (Handschuhsheim Hans-Thoma-Platz) or 24 (Handschuhsheim Burgstraße). Get off at "Bunsen-Gymnasium". Timetables are available here